Acquisitions and Development Analyst
Stonemont Financial Group, LLC, one of the nation’s fastest growing private real estate investment and development companies, is currently seeking an Analyst for our Originations team in Atlanta, GA. Stonemont Financial Group specializes in investing across a broad spectrum of real estate asset classes and geographies to deliver attractive risk-adjusted returns. Stonemont offers diversified and differentiated real estate investment strategies and vehicles to institutions, family offices, trusts and high net-worth individuals. Stonemont is a firm founded on a simple strategy: to combine the experience and resources of a large institution with the creativity and flexibility of an entrepreneurial firm. The company has been in a growth phase for the past few years and business continues to drive the need for continued growth for Stonemont.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the Analyst will be part of a dynamic and growing business environment. The position will report directly to the Associates and SVPs of Originations Team located in Atlanta, GA will underwrite and create investment memos for potential investment and development opportunities. This individual will be involved in the entire origination / acquisition process from assisting the team in sourcing investment opportunities, market research, underwriting and analyzing potential investment opportunities and help run the due diligence process on transactions. The position will offer the Analyst the opportunity to work on a variety of asset classes including industrial, healthcare, cold storage, and retail assets. This person will be results-oriented and understand market fundamentals when assisting in development and acquisition opportunities.
• Analyze and understand the market fundamentals when pursuing projects
• Prepare investment offering memorandums to present to equity partners and internal investment team.
• Work with brokers in the market for data and pursuit of projects
• Underwrite models for potential projects
• Draft LOI’s
• Prepare and present opportunities to investment committee
• Assist with the due diligence of the development process
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Math, Economics, Real Estate, or other related field;
• 1+ years of previous experience in real estate, corporate finance or investment banking;
• Exceptional financial modeling skills and proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Argus Enterprise experience is a plus;
• Excellent work ethic, self-motivated, and proactive with a meticulous attention to detail;
• Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills;
• Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines;
• Highly developed written and oral presentation and communication skills;
• Possesses overall intellectual curiosity regarding commercial real estate in an entrepreneurial environment; and
• Seeks challenges and self-development; demonstrates high levels of expertise and shows commitment, self-confidence and integrity.
The chosen candidate will receive a competitive salary, bonus eligibility, unique employee investment opportunity and a benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision with cost of employee covered and a 401(k) plan.
NOTE: This job description is inclusive of but not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary.