Commercial Real Estate Accounting Associate
Stonemont Financial Group, LLC, one of the nation’s fastest growing private real estate investment and development companies, is currently seeking an Accounting Associate in Atlanta, GA. Stonemont is a privately held real estate investment and development firm managing diversified strategies on behalf of public and private institutions alike resulting in a portfolio of over $5B in assets under management. Our vertically integrated operating platform is focused on developing, acquiring, and managing assets in high-growth markets across the country. Stonemont’s foundation has been built through an emphasis on relationships, innovation, and execution. Our team’s diverse experience, collaborative approach and fiduciary mindset have produced a demonstrated track record of performance across investment strategies and market cycles. Our commitment to utilizing our expertise in the asset types we know while continuing to evolve with the market allows us to be a prominent leader in the real estate investment management industry.
Based in Atlanta, GA, the Accounting Associate will be part of a dynamic and growing business environment. The position will report directly to the Controller and primarily responsible for accounting responsibilities specific to our development projects under construction and owned operating assets.
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly, annual financial reports – prepare journal entries, financial statements and bank reconciliations.
- Support asset managers in financial, asset management, and ad-hoc reporting.
- Execute accounts receivable process – monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments.
- Coordinate accounts payable process – review invoice coding and approvals; ensure proper audit trail is in place.
- Review and set up leases, leasing activity, and critical lease dates to ensure accurate billing.
- Review operating agreements, joint venture agreements, and debt agreements to ensure compliance.
- Calculate development, construction, management, and asset management fees.
- Coordinate and prepare annual year-end expense reconciliation process.
- Assist in all audits including preparation of financial statements.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Tracking and coding all details of project / development costs by budget, commitments, actuals, and forecasts using Yardi job costing module.
- Prepare of monthly progress draws from construction manager; ensure completeness of back-up provided; maintain all supporting documents.
- Assist in submission of monthly requirements to lenders.
- Assist in cash flow analysis, ensure adequate project liquidity, process funding requests.
- Record journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledgers, job cost and other Yardi reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 1+ years of previous experience in real estate, specifically in commercial office/industrial and development project accounting
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated, proactive with a meticulous attention to detail
- Very strong organizational skills with proven track record of multi-tasking across projects.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Self-starter who views the value in working for a small, rapidly growing organization and the opportunity for exposure to many different aspects of the business.
- Seeks challenges and self-development; demonstrates high levels of expertise and shows commitment, self-confidence, and integrity.
NOTE: This job description is inclusive of but not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com